Thursday, August 25, 2011

120 Interesting Days

Okay, it happened.  Surgery April 20.  Weighed 274 pounds, felt like crap.  Checked into St. Vincents hospital on 20th, and surgery performed by Dr. Ben-Mier that afternoon.  Was in hospital about 4 days total, dealing with issues of blood pressure, heart rate, etc.  They took me off insulin the day of surgery, which I thought was wonderful.

Now, four months later, where am I?  Today...
     ...I weigh 204, showing a weight loss of 70 pounds.
     ...I am still off Insulin, and my fasting blood glucose yesterday was an excellent 96.
     ...I am taking about one eighth as much blood pressure medicine as BS (Before Surgery.)
     ...I'm taking half as much heart rate medicine.
     ...I can walk 1.4 miles in less than 30 minutes without stopping to catch my breath.
     ...Curiously, I am not exercising as much as I need to.  This is a bit of a mystery to me.
     ...My arms and legs look to have carried me through a famine.  The ol' weightlifter has stick arms now.
     ...I'm troubled by intermittent bouts of dizziness.  Today at Costco, almost fell into my shopping cart.  Several other people pitched in to keep me upright.  This happens embarrassingly often, like maybe once a week now.  WTF???

No comments:

Post a Comment