Friday, February 24, 2012

February, a Ten Month Report

Ten Months after Gastric Bypass surgery, the weight loss has slowed to a crawl, but still crawling in the right direction.  This morning the scale read 177, reflecting a 97-pound weight loss.

Gave away a few more of my old 2XL sweatsuits.  And last night, shopping at Wal-mart, I bought the first set of X-Free sweats.  Both the pants and the top bore a single "L."  I'm 70 years old and this is the first time in my life I've done that.  And they fit, too!

Continuing my workout classes at St. Vincent's under the tutelage of physician assistant Brooke Perlik.  Now it's not exactly news that I'm working out.  Been doing that for decades, but doing the same things at the same intensity so I never improved over time.  What's different now is that I trust Mrs. P to ramp things up so that I see improvement from one session to the next.  She has me doing five sets on each machine, up from three,  And increasing my hiking speed on the treadmill from 2.8 mph to 3.1, and then to 3.5.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment