Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Nine Months after Surgery

After Thanksgiving, I joined a workout class at St Vincent's, where my surgery was done last April 20.  Called "Pre Gym Prep," the class is taught by Brooke Perlik two nights each week.  It's been doing wonders for me.  The group is small, usually five or so, and Brooke works us steadily.  Some cardio, but about half the class time is devoted to strength exercises, primarily on exercise machines.  Love it!

Dieting didn't go particularly well during the Holidays.  Lots of munchies around the house, and I sort of wallowed in the sweets.  Cookies, cakes, cookies, pies, other goodies.  Did I mention the cookies?  So I was glad to see New Year's fade in the rear-view mirror.  And when I weighed myself last week, the magic number was 179.  The lightest I've ever been in my adult life.  I'm guessing I'd have to go back to the age of 13 or 14  in the Great Weight Log of Life to find a smaller number.

I started this program at 274, so I've now lost 95 pounds.  And I'd still like to lose another 15 or so.

One last gloat:  When I started, I was wearing slacks with 46 and 48-in. waists.  Dropped  over the first few months to 44, then 42.  Then in full flush of insanity, I bought a pair of dockers in size 36.  When I can wear those, I will be happy, I said.  And this last Monday, I did.  And I am.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Larry! I'm sure you'll get those last 15 off!!

    ReplyDelete